Finally the Purple cabbage tikkis are here!
I was grocery shopping and saw the purple cabbage. The color attracted me and I wanted to try something new with it. Aloo Tikkis are very popular north Indian snack. But these days we are all so conscious of our health, I thought why not use the purple cabbage as the main ingredient to make this tikki.
These tikkis are colorful, crunchy and healthy options for your next burger recipe.
- Small potato, boiled and mashed– 2
- purple cabbage, shredded – 2 cup
- ½ red bell pepper, finely chopped
- salt to taste
- Small onion, finely chopped – 1
- green chili, chopped -1-2 (depends on how spicy you want)
- garam masala powder – ¼ tsp
- red chili powder – 1 tsp
- dried mango powder (amchoor) – 1 tsp
- oil spray to cook
- Take a mixing bowl. Add all the ingredients to it except oil, and mash well.
- Divide the mixture into 8-10 equal sized balls. Gently flatten them.
- Heat a flat pan. Spray some oil to it and let it cook, turning occasionally on either sides
- Remove from the pan when there is brownish crust on either side.
- Serve hot with your favorite ketchup or chutney. Enjoy!
Try and let me know did it turn out !!!